Saturday 3 November 2012

Be safe, remember remember the 5th of November

As the rhyme goes, but in Grantham it's more like remember remember the 3rd November as the big organised bonfire displays seen to be happening tonight,

Anyway be safe, I still remember a friend from school Kerry Pert (?) was at the fire station organised display & her parents bought her hot soup well it's was v v v hot soup, so hot that she ended up in hospital with burns to her hands from it, I also remember the fire station organising another display years later, well they do one every year the ones where Kerry was burnt happened at the fire station in the yard at the rear, it wasn't a big display, then in later years it moved to several fields behind my parents house, so I got a free display every year one year the fire station got some high powered explosive fireworks which set fire to my friend Michelle's coat, and the ash burnt the paint of my dads Montego- some might say it was an improvement but he wasn't impressed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment